How do you purchase memory

Hardware discussions that do not yet fit into one of the current Hardware fora.

Moderator: Hardware Moderators

How do you purchase memory

Postby Kokomo » Sun 2008 Feb 03 12:30

Can I just buy memory and put it in,or does it have to be a specfic amount according to the computer you have.
Does the operating system have anything to do with how much memory you will need.
Kokomo

Re: How do you purchase memory

Postby Spock » Sun 2008 Feb 03 3:19

All very good questions and rather than try to ask you a lot of additional questions so I can manually determine what memory your computer uses, I will simply tell you what I do when I need to buy memory.

I go to Crucial.com where they have a System Scanner Tool that will scan your computer, determine what type and how much memory your system can use, and then offer to sell you just what you need. I have used Crucial ever since I first discovered them, many years ago and have never had any problems with their memory. They even give exact instructions on how to install your new memory.

If you don't want to buy memory over the Internet, then use the Crucial System Scanner Tool to find out what kind of memory you need, write the information down, and go to a local computer store to buy the actual memory.

Hope that helps. :)

[Added]
BTW, you need to check your Private Messages. I sent you a message. I have also moved your topic into a forum that is more appropriate for your question.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Kokomo » Sat 2008 Feb 23 9:30

Thanks,

Information on memory did help, I printed out a page of upgrades would like to show you Tuesday.
Kokomo

Postby Spock » Sat 2008 Feb 23 9:37

Look foreward to seeing what information you got. :)
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to General HW