Enslaved

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

Enslaved

Postby Spock » Tue 2007 Jan 16 12:58

Ref: http://www.iabolish.com/

The American Anti-Slavery Group is a U.S.-based non-profit dedicated to the abolition of modern day slavery. While many believe that the slave trade ended some time ago, there are still over 27 million people held in bondage today.

In addition to chattel and sex slaves throughout Africa and parts of Asia, there are cases of human trafficking documented in affluent neighborhoods in the United States.

Slavery isn't history. It's a modern human rights crisis that has only begun to be addressed. Learn more about this grave injustice and find out what you can do.
Last edited by Spock on Fri 2007 Apr 13 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Slavery

Postby BTuckerx2 » Sun 2007 Mar 11 4:42

Interesting Spock,

I have found slavery alive and well here in our state capital. Not the one with chains and whips (that supposedly went out with the emancipation proclamation- but both equally have the same results -- slavery of the mind (you are able to be controlled)... I'm not sure but I think most Americans are being controlled by our minds and stomachs...what do you think?
It is easier to mend children than fix broken men...
BTuckerx2
Posting Member
Posting Member

Postby Spock » Sun 2007 Mar 11 8:42

Everyone is a slave to something and most of us are willing slaves whether we want to admit it or not. The ones who are unwilling slaves are the ones who need help.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Discussions