World Cup Soccer

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

World Cup Soccer

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 10 8:08

So the World Cup Football tournament got underway yesterday with a slam. The first match expected results:Germany 4, Costa Rica 2. The second match was a tear forming shut-out with Poland losing to Equador 0-2.

Unfortunatly I was too busy watching the back of my eyelids to make a friend with cable to watch the game. Today I have to go to a wedding, so I won't be able to see England Kick the pants off Paraguay.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 10 12:42

I was right. England won 1-0. Am I good or what?
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Krank » Sun 2006 Jun 11 3:49

Lol almost dear, engeland got the goal cause beckham took a shot at the goal and another dude from paraguy touched it with his head, so basecly he made the goal at the wrong side ^^
How to make a Direct-X File

new system:
Gigabite p35 DS3R
Award software international, F11, 01-04-2008
Intel E8200 "wolfsdale" intel core duo
OCZ ddr2 pc2-6400 Gold kit, 4 gig.
maxtor hdd, 80 gig, ide
Peak Radeon HD 3850 512 mb pcie
Liteon dvd rom, ide
Fortron BlueStorm 500w
Windows xp pro sp2
Krank
Honored Achiever
Honored Achiever

Postby Colonia » Thu 2006 Jun 15 6:21

Brazil is going to win the tournament
Colonia
Student Tech
Student Tech

Postby Luke » Sat 2006 Jun 17 4:29

That is quite possible. Although they weren't great against Croatia. I think the main problem is that they have so many great players, but they don't necessarily work coherently as a team. Still, nobody else is looking great so they will probably take the cup.
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby cmptch » Sun 2006 Jun 18 3:37

It's interesting that America tied with Italy yesterday because of a the 2 goals Italy scored. The final score was 1 and 1.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Luke » Mon 2006 Jun 19 6:16

France really need to get their act together. They were better against S. Korea than Switzerland, but to me it seems weak captainship is going to be their downfall. They are capable of so much more as a team. It seems all the "big four" are playing sub-standard this time, we'll see how things pan out at the end of the group matches I guess.
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

end of world cup

Postby Kawiill » Wed 2006 Jul 05 5:38

cmptch wrote:It's interesting that America tied with Italy yesterday because of a the 2 goals Italy scored. The final score was 1 and 1.
:2p: the champion of the world cup will be italy or france but i want italy to win they been playing with courage and intelligency so that is soccer about to give good expectations .

Luke wrote:That is quite possible. Although they weren't great against Croatia. I think the main problem is that they have so many great players, but they don't necessarily work coherently as a team. Still, nobody else is looking great so they will probably take the cup.
:x you were rigth brazil many good players but as a team suck en also the coach did how to make the positions of the players as when you play checkers and the game from they was so bad,boring without armony you know no flavor in the game. i heard that in brazil the destroy a monument of ronaldhino well is ok so they discarged their angry and show to the next generations that a soccer player has to put everything he has in the game :mrg:

[Combined posts - Spock]
Kawiill
Student Tech
Student Tech

Return to Discussions