About Gmail

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

About Gmail

Postby Spock » Thu 2006 May 04 5:48

Ref: http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

I have a Gmail account and have been giving away accounts since I joined. Now I wonder if that was such a good idea ...
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Gmail

Postby Saber » Fri 2006 May 05 12:32

The benefits google states about gmail, seem to also open opportunities for severe abuse. I've had a gmail account for some time, and use it very sparingly. I have enough trouble getting rid of my bulk mail that seems to accumulate way past the so called automatic dump time Yahoo states w/ their e-mail and others? I'd really like to get my bulk mail spam protection to work as advertised - any thoughts? I wonder too if they couldn't give you more of a choice in how you set up and allow your g-mail to work?
Seeker of Wisdom & Computer Knowledge :hypno:
Saber
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Re: Gmail

Postby kids235 » Mon 2006 May 08 6:01

Saber wrote:The benefits google states about gmail, seem to also open opportunities for severe abuse. I've had a gmail account for some time, and use it very sparingly. I have enough trouble getting rid of my bulk mail that seems to accumulate way past the so called automatic dump time Yahoo states w/ their e-mail and others? I'd really like to get my bulk mail spam protection to work as advertised - any thoughts? I wonder too if they couldn't give you more of a choice in how you set up and allow your g-mail to work?

What is gmail ?
kids235
Member-in-Training
Member-in-Training

Postby cmptch » Mon 2006 May 08 9:46

gmail is google mail. you can find information about it at http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html
cmptch
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Return to Discussions