Attack on London

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

Attack on London

Postby Spock » Thu 2005 Jul 07 10:27

Ref: London rocked by terror attack

Ref: Map showing where attack occurred

BBC News

London rocked by terror attacks
At least two people have been killed and scores injured after three blasts on the Underground network and another on a double-decker bus in London. UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was "reasonably clear" there had been a series of terrorist attacks.

He said it was "particularly barbaric" that it was timed to coincide with the G8 summit. He is returning to London.

An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks.

US President George Bush told reporters at the G8 Summit in Gleneagles that "the war on terror goes on."

The Queen said she was "deeply shocked" and sent her sympathy to those affected.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the morning rush-hour blasts occurred between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street tube stations; between Russell Square and King's Cross tube stations; at Edgware Road tube station; and on a bus at Tavistock Square.

I cannot understand the mentality of anyone who would do such a thing. My wife just returned from there yesterday but her sister and her family still live in the area and we haven't been able to get in touch with any of them yet. [n1]
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby punkin8tor » Thu 2005 Jul 07 12:18

That is horrible. I only hope that America rushes to their aide as they did to ours on 9/11/01.
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the former." Albert Einstein.
punkin8tor
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Icy » Fri 2005 Jul 08 9:22

It is awful that people try to make a statement by committing terrorism. My sincere sympathy to everyone affected by this horrible act.
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Return to Discussions