How do I program my phone?

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

How do I program my phone?

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Mar 23 4:26

Posted: 2003-02-04, 3:55 pm

We have a programmable telephone that we have lost the instructions for and I'm sure we are not the only ones. Since I have recently found out how to program our phone I thought I would make a post with the information, not only so it would be readily available to me or anyone else who owns the same type of phone, but so others with different phones could post their information as well.

Yes, I know, what does this have to do with computers?

Nothing, unless you consider the fact that the phone contains a mini-processor to allow it to be programmed, this site is ste up to help people, and this is the Discussions forum after all ... [^_^]
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: 2003-02-04, 3:55 pm

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Mar 23 4:26

OK, first information post. Our phone is a Southwestern Bell FM2552 and information can be found HERE.

Programming instrustions:

1. Pick up the phone
2. Press the STORE button
3. Dial the number you wish to store
4. Press STORE again
5. Then press the button where you want to store it. EX: 1,2,3,4,etc.

To dial out, you just press MEMORY and the location.
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby TarThoron » Fri 2005 Mar 25 4:49

How do you program a roatary phone? This new (old) house came with one and I have no idea how to use it. [???]

[beg]
Learn something about everything, and everything about something.
TarThoron

Postby punkin8tor » Fri 2005 Mar 25 5:28

LOL If you could program a rotary phone, that is something I'd like to see! Perhaps you could video tape it?
Somewhere on the internet, there is a web site that has many manuals for electronics. When I find the url I'll paste it here.
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the former." Albert Einstein.
punkin8tor
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Icy » Fri 2005 Mar 25 11:26

TarThoron wrote:How do you program a roatary phone? This new (old) house came with one and I have no idea how to use it. [???]
[beg]

[rofl2]

You put your pointing finger in the semi hole for the number you want to dial, leaving your finger there, you push your finger upwards, leaving it in the hole till you hit the piece of metal that stops your finger from going any further, then release your finger out of the hole so that the moving piece goes back to where it was. so on so forth till you have dialed the complete phone number. Ha ha…hope that helps… [rofl2]
Icy
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Return to Discussions