Cyberbullying

A place for logical, dispassionate discussions of world or local events.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Everything here is viewable even if you are not registered, so please no foul language, flaming, or trolling.

Cyberbullying

Postby BTuckerx2 » Wed 2010 Jun 09 12:28

A friend asked the following question:
Anyone have any ideas on how to handle a cyber bully? We're having problems with one making nasty comments and I don't want to just delete them and then have no evidence if we need it later, but I don't know how to reach the parents. I've contacted their teacher, but today was the last day of school, so needlesstosay it really isn't their problem any longer either. Thanks for any ideas.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Brian
B-OWT!
It is easier to mend children than fix broken men...
BTuckerx2
Posting Member
Posting Member

Re: Cyberbullying

Postby Spock » Wed 2010 Jun 09 2:01

It all depends upon where the Cyber bullying is taking place. Most reputable online organizations have a Term of Service that calls for severe penalties for anything close to bullying anyone, let alone a child. I would suggest checking the TOS first and contact the site Admin next.

My next suggestion would be to make screen-shots of the offending posts, print them out, and take them along with information about who the bully is to the police. There are laws against such behavior.

My third suggestion would be to call Uncle Vinnie but I can't actually post that ... :roflak:
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Discussions