Welcome to our website!

These classes are held in the Stanton Community Center in Annapolis, Maryland. They are free of charge to the students but are non-credit only.

Welcome to our website!

Postby Spock » Wed 2005 Jan 26 6:26

As stated in the Forum description, these courses are taught at the Stanton Community Center in Annapolis, Maryland. There are currently three different courses being offered at various times and they will be further delineated below. The class cycle repeats roughly once every 18 weeks so, if you miss one set of classes, that is how long you will have to wait for the next set.

If you want to be notified when the next classes you are interested in are to start, you should either ask to be placed on the notification list held in the office of the Facility Manager for the Stanton Community Center or register for this forum and indicate in your initial post that you wish to be so notified. Since I am both the Forum Administrator and the Class Instructor, I will be more than happy to keep you informed. DO NOT post any real world information that could cause anyone else to contact you for any reason! Once you have been admitted to the forum, I will send you a Private Message asking for the additional information I need to contact you prior to the next class.

This entire web site was created because I felt I had to have some additional tools to be able to effectively teach about the Internet and email. It has veered in many directions but I have always used it primarily as a teaching vehicle.

Before we moved to our current server, the old forum had thousands of posts and almost 300 members from all around the world. Not bad for 2 years of life and no advertising! :D

I hope this will be the safest place you can find on the Internet. If you, or anyone, finds anything that could prove dangerous to anyone or any computer on this web site, please let me know.

One of the first things I do once I get my students registered in the fora is to teach them how to make their first topic/post in the New Users forum where others may welcome them. I hope that will become a tradition of all classes that use this resource.

Class offerings:

Computer Fundamentals

Computer Pre-Tech

Basic HTML Programming
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to MD-Annapolis-Stanton Center