Outlook Express breaking up large emails!

What your computer and you "use" to "do" something, in your computers "native-language."

Moderator: Software Moderators

Outlook Express breaking up large emails!

Postby Spock » Fri 2006 Jul 14 12:49

I never used to have this problem. I could send multiple pictures to someone else on a BB connection and have sent as much as 20 MB in one Email before.

Now, I worry if I'm trying to send more than 2 MB as OE then insists on breaking the file into smaller portions and then not reintegrating them at the other end!

Is this one of Micro$ofts new helpful updates or is there some setting that I have inadvertently changed to cause this?

Any help would be appreciated. I have posted this problem on other fora and will post the solution here if it's answered somewhere else first.

I suppose I could also dig out my reference materials and do more research myself ...

... the race is on! }:->
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Krank » Fri 2006 Jul 14 12:56

Not that im aware off, if im correctOE should be able to hadle it, but normally the mailserver i use doesnt, hence i go gmail
How to make a Direct-X File

new system:
Gigabite p35 DS3R
Award software international, F11, 01-04-2008
Intel E8200 "wolfsdale" intel core duo
OCZ ddr2 pc2-6400 Gold kit, 4 gig.
maxtor hdd, 80 gig, ide
Peak Radeon HD 3850 512 mb pcie
Liteon dvd rom, ide
Fortron BlueStorm 500w
Windows xp pro sp2
Krank
Honored Achiever
Honored Achiever

Postby Luke » Fri 2006 Jul 14 6:56

Spock, open the accounts window (under Tools in OE I think) select your email server account, and open its properties. Under the advanced tab there should be a "Sending" section, I think there is a box there that says something like "Break apart long emails into seperate sections" which may be ticked. Hope this helps, if its not that I have no idea whats happening.
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Spock » Fri 2006 Jul 14 11:12

Luke wrote:... Under the advanced tab there should be a "Sending" section, I think there is a box there that says something like "Break apart long emails into seperate sections" which may be ticked. ...

Fascinating. I have multiple accounts and the one I use the most had that option ticked but none of the others did. I will now have to send myself a large email to test it.

Thanks! It's always the obvious isn't it? :?
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Luke » Fri 2006 Jul 14 3:37

Just glad (and suprised) I could help. I've had so many problems with OE. When I first used it I couldn't get it to send and receive, and it took me a week to work out how to set up a filter to block an email address. :oops:
Our freedom's consuming itself
What we've become is contrary to what we want
Take a bow
Luke
Supreme Achiever
Supreme Achiever

Postby Spock » Fri 2006 Jul 14 4:28

We all have to start somewhere. :) That's pretty much what this site is all about though, isn't it? ^_^
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Spock » Sat 2006 Jul 15 9:04

Ref: http://www.manfield.plus.com/oe.htm

Here is a page with lots of OE hints and tips. :)
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Applications/Clients