Microsoft Office 2007

What your computer and you "use" to "do" something, in your computers "native-language."

Moderator: Software Moderators

Microsoft Office 2007

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 10 8:51

Has anyone Experienced the new Office 2007? I've been working with the Beta for few weeks now, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it. It's beginning to look a lot like (Christmas?) a website.

It's getting to be a tough transition from 2003 to 2007. Soon I will be testing Vista, and that, I'm sure, will be an interesting experience.

If anyone would like, I could snap a few screenshots and throw them up ona domain if you'd like.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Spock » Sat 2006 Jun 10 9:18

Sure, why not, just try to keep the resolution down so they don't stretch the forum too much or, better yet, just post the URL rather than the actual picture. ;)
Spock
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 10 9:35

Spock wrote:...better yet, just post the URL rather than the actual picture. ;)

I would have done that anyway, I wouldn't want some unsuspecting person with dial up to click on the topic and have to wait an hour for the images. I will also include the size of the image, too. just in case.
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Postby Ben Last » Sat 2006 Jun 10 6:10

It would be interesting to see some screenshots of the new Office.

Personally I see no point in continually upgrading to the latest version of Office as I find that Office 2000 does everything I want to, as the new version probably doesn't have any new features that I would use, but Im sure it will use much more processing power, and consume more disk space!

A podcast (pre-recorded radio available as MP3) I was listening to the other day made me smile, they were talking about Office and how they keep bringing out new versions, but how the basic interface and functionallity hardly changes at all. They refered back to an old DOS spreadsheet program called VisiCalc [1981] which has all the basic functionallity of Excel in only 27kb!

Lotus who own the copyright have made it legal to download. You can now dowload VisiCalc for free from:
http://www.bricklin.com/history/vcexecutable.htm
No trees were harmed in the construction of this message, however many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ben Last
Consulting Ambassador
Consulting Ambassador

Postby cmptch » Sat 2006 Jun 10 9:05

Ben Last wrote:Personally I see no point in continually upgrading to the latest version of Office as I find that Office 2000 does everything I want to, as the new version probably doesn't have any new features that I would use, but Im sure it will use much more processing power, and consume more disk space!

True on all counts.

"And that's all I have to say about that."-Forrest Gump
Master Achiever
Master Achiever

Return to Applications/Clients